The CDA serves about 240 children each year, providing full-day early childhood education in the CDA Children's Center. This facility has nine vibrant classrooms—six for Toddlers and Preschoolers, three for PreKindergarten-- with well-qualified teachers nurturing and educating 156 youngsters each day ages one to five years. These children received:
- Comprehensive curriculum promoting cognitive, physical, language and social development
- Wholesome nutrition, including breakfast, lunch and a snack each day
- Immunization, health and dental screenings
- Developmental screenings throughout the year to monitor each child’s progress
- Parent-child conferences twice a year to inform parents about their child’s progress and to engage them in their son or daughter’s education
- Enrichment activities such as field trips, cultural performances and nature explorations
Last year our hardworking parents earned median incomes of only $18,300, so the market-rate tuition of $250-300 per week would be unaffordable. With scholarships, our parents’ median tuition payment was only $85 per week, but this represents 20-25% of their household income. Our parents are making tangible sacrifices for their children’s education.
Scholarships made possible by generous partners are providing enormous opportunities like these:
- Antonia is a bright, bubbly 3-year-old little girl with an infectious laugh. Her mom and dad work hard to provide the basics on their combined annual household income of $11,900. Mom works in the local bakery at the neighborhood Publix. Both parents regularly comment that they appreciate all the reading and math skills Antonia is acquiring. They feel her future is bright because she got her start at CDA.
- Jason is a 4-year-old boy that often hands his blue truck back to mom as he enters the center each morning. He has been at CDA since he could walk and cannot wait to start Pre-K in the fall. His mom is a house cleaner struggling to make ends meet on her annual household income of $20,700. Until her daughter could join her son at CDA she struggled to pay a daily childcare rate of $40 a day. Now relieved that both children are at CDA, she talks about the social skills both children have acquired and how grateful she is have CDA as a school option.
Parents interested in enrolling their children (ages 12 months to 5 years) should call 770-992-4006 and ask for Kathy Penteado, Enrollment Manager, or send an email to info@CDAkids.org. We look forward to serving your family!
Funding provided in part by the Fulton County Board of Commissioners under the guidance of the Housing and Human Services Department Grant Programs.